How to Request for funding
CanFel is currently seeking funding proposals from animal welfare organizations in Canada in respect of programs that will support either humane education or spay and neuter programs. CanFel is particularly seeking applications which will build the capacity of an animal welfare organization to deliver humane education or spay and neuter programs.
Applications must be received by CanFel by no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 31, 2019, using the online form.
Criteria for Applicants and Applications
- Applicants must have a demonstrated record of promoting animal welfare.
- Applicants must demonstrate solid fiscal and managerial health.
- Applicants must clearly explain the benefits of the proposed program, and how funding the proposed program will provide animal welfare benefits over the long term.
- Applicants may include letters of support for their program supplied by arms-length entities.
- Applicants' program must must commence by April 30, 2020.
Applications will be assessed and grant decisions will be made by CanFel’s board of directors. Unfortunately, CanFel is only able to be in contact with those organizations whose applications are under active consideration or are accepted for funding.
Agreement and Acknowledgement
By submitting a proposal, each applicant agrees that:
- The applicant does not have any claim for compensation of any kind whatsoever as a result of participating in this application process, or as a result of decisions by CanFel’s board of directors; and
- The board of directors of CanFel has full discretion to accept in whole or in part any proposal that in its view advances CanFel’s purposes.
Each successful applicant agrees:
- To acknowledge on its website, or in its newsletter or otherwise acknowledge the receipt of the grant from CanFel; and
- To allow CanFel to disclose the fact of the grant and the name of the recipient, the purpose of the grant and the amount of the grant
Post Grant Requirements
All successful applicants are required to submit a report as to the status of the funded program, with accompanying financial statements showing how the grant was, or is being, disbursed. The report should also explain how the applicant publically acknowledged CanFel’s grant. Such reports should be received by CanFel no later than June 28, 2020, and shall be in accordance with such format as may be required from time to time by CanFel’s board of directors and communicated to successful applicants.